Srinagar July 12: Governor N.N. Vohra visited the Government Grievance Cell at Chruch Lane, Sonwar, and held detailed discussions with the officers and staff of the Cell, particularly to dovetail its functioning with the J&K Governor’s Grievance Cell which functions at Raj Bhavan, Srinagar. Governor was accompanied by Shri B.B. Vyas, Advisor to Governor and Shri Umang Narula, Principal Secretary to Governor.
In the backdrop of Governor’s Rule in State, the J&K Government Grievance Cell has now started functioning under the supervision of Principal Secretary to Governor, who is already supervising the work of the Raj Bhavan Grievance Cell.
After extensive discussions the Governor declared that:
- The Church Lane Grievance Cell shall, for ease of reference, be henceforth called the ‘Governor’s Grievance Cell’ and shall function both in Srinagar and Jammu under the supervision of Governor’s Secretariat. Principal Secretary to Governor shall be responsible for the overall functioning of both the Cells.
- To ensure speedy redressal of all complaints and to secure prompt outcome-oriented resolution of all grievances, each of the three Advisors to Governor shall visit the Governor’s Grievance Cell on fixed days of the week, at fixed hours to meet and hear public delegations, deputations, and individuals, to hear their demands/complaints.
- Principal Secretary to Governor shall: (i) carry out a weekly review at Srinagar every Thursday (10:00- 12:00 hrs); (ii) hold review meetings to address the issues and grievances which get escalated to the Governor’s Secretariat.
- The Advisors shall, apart from their public interactions, take stock of grievances pertaining to their departments and ensure the prompt disposal of complaints through the Nodal Officers of the Departments under their control.
- The core staff of the Grievance Cell, who have experience in handling grievances and are well conversant with the processes and other related e-interventional interfaces which are always in place in the Grievance Cell, shall continue to perform their duties under the existing arrangements.
- Governor’s Grievance Cell shall continue to be serviced by the Project Management Unit headed by Shri Inam-ul-Haq Siddiqui, KAS, Additional Secretary, who shall function as Project Director, Governor’s Grievance Cell.
Governor also reviewed the work-done by the Governor’s Grievance Cell and the Raj Bhavan Grievance Cell for the disposal of complaints received from the public through web portal of Grievance Cell, e-mails, twitter, whatsapp, facebook or speed post. Since the imposition of Governor’s Rule, till date, the Grievance Cell received 4,244 complaints/grievances, of which 3,656 have been disposed of/forwarded to the concerned quarters for their timely redressal; and 1706 complaints/grievances are under process. During this period, Governor’s Secretariat received 1,358 complaints/grievances, of which 1,238 complaints have been disposed/forwarded to the concerned quarters and 120 are under process.